Already provides most essentials in the ROM image, including:
- Power Control Widget / Torch - widgets that let you turn on/off various wireless radios or activate airplane mode. I use the LED as a flashlight much more often than as a camera flash.
- Google Maps Mobile / Navigation / Street View
- Facebook / Twitter - these are internal memory storage hogs, I kinda wish I could remove them
- News & Weather - well, really just weather.
- ROM Manager
- Sound Recorder
- File Manager
- FBReader - hoping this supports the Palm Plucker format someday so I can use it with Sunrise-Desktop.
- Goggles - also does OCR and auto-translation of text that you photograph!
- Google Translate
- Barcode Scanner / Shopper - UPC code lookups and online price comparison
- ConnectBot - SSH client
- AndChat - IRC client (though I usually just use SSH to a screen session running irssi)
- Barnacle Wifi Tether - turns phone into an open HSDPA wifi hotspot
- Opera Mobile - for websites that the built-in browser can't handle.
- Dolphin - nice full-featured browser for beefier phones than mine.
- Yahoo Mail
- Yahoo Messenger - also has a video chat addon, but haven't successfully tested that yet
- Google Chat
- Google Buzz - more useful than Twitter, esp. when used with location-aware Google Maps
- StumbleUpon - when you're bored of the web
- Blogger-droid - when your thoughts don't fit in a tweet.
Personal Digital Assistant
- Evernote - web-based notes
- Dropbox - syncs files between PCs
- KeePassDroid - encrypted keyring
- GTasks - Todo list sync'd with your Google Calender todo.
- Draw and Share - Best drawing app, easy way to roll your own lolcats
- Mileage - Track vehicle gas mileage and maintenance record
- TripIt - email your travel itinerary to them and they'll show you everything in an easy to track format
- EboBirthday - HappyDays list of the birthdays recorded in your Google Contacts / Facebook friends.
- Google Voice - Transcribes phone messages for you, also lets you send free SMS messages without having to shell out extra for text plans.
- My Tracks - saves your GPS track and exports them to view online or in Google Earth
- Layar - augmented reality!
- Titanium Backup - backs up all your apps to your SD card, which you then presumably back up to a computer somewhere.
- Tricorder - Star Trek interface to your phone's various sensors.
- Wifi Analyzer - shows all the wifi access points around you and helps choose a channel with the least interference.
- Compass - uses the magnometer, corrects for local variations, and points the way to waypoints
- gStrings - Audio tuning app.
- GPS Status - shows where all the satellites are and your precision based on reception quality.
- Ultimate Stopwatch
- Metal Detector - uses the magnometer to find ferrous metals.
- Droid48 - HP 48GX emulator, probably the best fully-featured graphing calculator app available to date.
- RealCalc - simple scientific calculator
- Speed Test - Measure your available bandwidth over the cell or wifi network.
- Bubble - uses accelerometer as a level.
- Winamp - best streaming radio app, and should support wifi sync with your music collection
- Camera 360 - nicer effects than the built-in camera.
- Photoshop Express - retouch photos, enhance dark photos.
- Ustream Broadcaster / Viewer - share / save your streaming video in near-realtime (~10 second lag)
- BestTube - save videos from youtube onto your device for later viewing
- JustPictures - nice photo viewer, includes Flickr / Facebook / Picasa sources
- Floating Image - same as above, but also uses a neat thumbnail scroller
- Solo Lite - guitar chords. Fun way to crank out simple tunes
- Musical Lite - metronome and virtual piano / keyboard / drumset
- Angry Birds
- Sketch Online - pictionary on the internet
- Chess Online
- Head 2 Head Racing - relaxing top-down racer that focuses on the technical aspect of following the ideal racing line
- X-Plane - Very nice flight simulator, but still waiting for Austin to complete the Android port.
- Bonsai Blast
- Zombie, Run! - Use your GPS to run through a horde of zombie icons that chase you.